ENVINET is a network of 17 research infrastructures in Northern Europe (see map). It focuses on multidisciplinary environmental research, primarily within atmospheric physics and chemistry, marine and terrestrial biology.
is funded by EU and managed by the Norwegian Polar Institute.
on the points on the map to see the participating research
The co-operation shall contribute to generate datasets and methods
are relevant for the studies of climate change, ozone-depletion,
long range transport
of pollutants and changes in biodiversity,
and that cover the needs of different
quality and are intercomparable across the stations
enough and have great enough geographic extent to study the changes
environmental phenomena in time and space, or their variation
In order to address this, the network shall:
1. Exchange experience and information
2. Prepare existing data for research across the stations
3. Identify needs for new data collection
4. Improve the methods for obtaining data through dissemination
of "best practice" and
projects for scientific/technical development.
5. Co-ordinate activities in order to foster common research projects.